In June of 2007, we started The Endo Blog. The Endo Blog serves as an education tool and discussion forum for the everyday practice of clinical endodontics.
We share interesting cases, discuss current endodontic research, review clinical tips for endodontic treatment, and have created a library of clinical topics that will be helpful in your day to day practice of endodontics. The Endo Blog is an interactive forum as readers post comments/questions.
Subscribe to the blog by entering your email address below and the newest post will be emailed directly to you. You can also browse The Endo Blog archived articles by topic at theendoblog.com.
The latest post from The Endo Blog
At Superstition Springs Endodontics, one of our five core values is "Partner for Success". To us this means, that we are successful when our partners are successful. As we have focused on this value, we have come to more clearly understand who our partners are, and how we can help each other be successful.
At SSE, our partnerships are primarily with our referring dentists, but also include other important providers of supplies, IT services, legal services, accounting services and even janitorial services. While insurance companies are often viewed as an adversary, we should look to build partnerships with them, when possible.
A 2009 study by the L.C. Williams & Associates Research Group details a group of dentists who refer less than 10% of their root canals to endodontists. This group of dentists have a very different perspective about working with endodontists. They tend to believe that they perform the same quality of endodontic treatment as specialists at a lower cost. They are less likely to admit that certain difficult cases should have been referred to an endodontist than their peers who refer more than 10% of their endodontic cases. These dentists are also less likely to describe an endodontist as their partner in delivering quality dental care. As you can imagine, these are not the dentists that we are interested in working with.
Defining this value of partnership has given us the freedom to realize that while most of our patients come from general dentists, there are times when we are forced to choose which dentists are given access and priority of our time, schedule and expertise. As you can imagine, those dentists with whom we have a partnership will get that priority. While working with this previously described group of dentists typically brings frustration, working in sync with partner dentists, and the relationship with them, is a rewarding and fulfilling part of our work.
- We will take care of their patients when in pain.
- We will stand behind the work we do for their patients.
- We will treat their patients the same way that they do.
- We will support their treatment plan.
- They can contact our doctors directly at anytime with any question or concern.
- Their patients will return more confident in their dentist and appreciative of their referral to SSE.
- We will do everything possible to help them be successful.
- Respect our team and their efforts to serve their patients
- Respect our time and are patient and flexible in getting their patients in
- They know our treatment is worth the cost. They encourage patients to see the value in coming to our practice regardless of insurance benefits or distance traveled.
- See us as a valuable part of their dental team - not just an emergency service or someone to call to bail them out when they get in over their head.
- See value in the work that we do for their patients. They recognize the expertise that comes with endodontic specialization.
- Are comfortable calling our doctors directly to help them deal with any especially difficult case or situation.
Schedule an appointment!
Feel free to call us directly at 480.807.8022 or fill out this contact info and we will call you.