Before Endodontic Treatment
Continue all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician except for anti-coagulating medications prior to surgical procedures (coumadin, daily aspirin treatment, etc.) pending physician approval.
Go ahead and eat a full breakfast or lunch as applicable.
If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of a heart condition or total joint replacement, please make sure you are on the apppropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment.
If there are questions, please call our office.
After Endodontic Treatment
Your tooth and surrounding gum tissue may be slightly tender for several days as a result of treatment and the previous condition of your tooth. This is normal and is no cause for alarm. Do not chew food on the affected side until your endodontic therapy is completed and your tooth is covered with a protective restoration provided by your restorative dentist. You may continue your regular dental hygiene regiment. Discomfort may be alleviated by taking ibuprofen (Advil), aspirin, or acetaminophen (Tylenol) as directed.
NOTE: Alcohol intake is not advised while taking any of these medications. Should you experience discomfort that cannot be controlled with the above listed medications, or should swelling develop, please contact this office immediately.
In case of an emergency please call the office at 480.807.8022.
- To prevent you from biting your cheek or tongue, don't eat until the numbness is gone.
- If you have a temporary filling, do not chew or bite on the tooth until it has been restored by your dentist.
- Brush and floss your teeth as you normally would.
- If you have a temporary filling, it is not unusual for a thin layer or small piece to break off between appointments. If you feel that the entire filling has come out, please contact us.
- Please contact us if you experience any severe pain or swelling.
- A complete report of treatment will be sent to your general dentist. You are welcome to return to our office after treatment for a complimentary follow up appointment 12 months after treatment.
- Additional, more detailed instructions will be given after your endodontic treatment specifically for you.
In case of an emergency please call the office at 480.807.8022. If calling after hours press #1 to leave a message for the office and we will return your call first thing the next business day. If you are in treatment with one of our doctors please listen for the prompts to contact your doctor after hours.